Objects and Dreamweaver behaviors are coming faster and faster these days.
Here's a brief look of some of coolest Dreamweaver extensions that were posted
in the last month. Apologies to any object or behavior creators that I may have
missed. Drop me a line and I'll include
you in the next Roundup.
DREAMWEAVER LOUNGE A hip site for cool dreamers. Know
any other object repositories with background music? Great new objects as well
- all by Brendan Dawes.
- Beatnik 1.1
- A revised version of Bren's Beatnik object that allows you to visually choose
the control panel setting.
- RealVideo 1.0
- Embeds the RealVideo plugin with special switches for setting the Play button
and Position bar.
- Automatically generates all you need to use the Response-o-matic guestbook
system. No CGI programming required.
- Multiple Redirect
- An action that allows you to redirect visitors to 3 different URLs depending
on their browser type, version, and/or platform.
YAROMAT 1.2 Developer
Jaro von Flocken creates some of the most compelling behaviors around. His Layers
Fx is a breakthrough behavior - take one look at the falling leafs on his site
and you'll understand. Not to be missed.
- Last Updated object
- A revised version of a much-used object that inserts the date of the last
revision to a Web page. Click the Object button on the floating navbar to
get to this and other objects.
- Image Gauge behavior
- Adds a progress bar that increases as your images are preloaded.
- Toggle Layer behavior
- A simple switch to show and hide layers at the click of a button.
- Calendar behavior
- One of my favorites - pops up a month of the current month and allows a
selected date to be entered in a particular style in a form. Great for valid
- Layer fx behavior
- Along with Mouse Trace and Stop Layer fx, this behavior adds a whole new
level of mathematical complexity to your layer's movements, automatically.
You can script your own algebraic function or use one of the pre-built formulas:
circle, ellipse, spiral, falling, pendulum, shake, flying around and - my
personal fave - fly around and stick on mouse.
- Zoom Text behavior
- Flies text in and out of the screen in a layer, making it larger as it moves.
I used it above in the Objects, etc. Roundup logo.
DEPOT If I remember correctly, Andrew Wooldrige posted
the very first user-created object and behavior. He continues to add valuable
extensions to Dreamweaver capabilities, month after month.
- JS Jump Menu object
- An enhanced version of the original navigation tool that allowed you to
choose your Web destination from a drop-down list. This version adds the ability
DREAMWEAVER PAGE Massimo Foti has created a slew of behaviors
affecting the browser window and, more recently, layers. Massimo works for the
The Fantastic Corporation, developers of a broadband multimedia software system,
and Massimo includes an object for their plug-in, Firestream, that handles streaming
MPEG audio and video.
- Scroll Layer
- This behavior, in combination with Scroll Layer Stop and Scroll Layer By,
overcoming one of the most vexing problems with layers - the lack of cross-browser
support for the overflow attribute. A much needed behavior, implemented well.
- Clip Layer
- Allows programmatic control of the clipping of layer.
- Set Layer Z-Index
- Let's you switch a layer's depth at the click (or the mouseOver) of a button.
DREAMWEAVER SUPPLY BIN Kevin Bartz is on a bit of a hiatus
- if you can call attending a high-pressure boarding school 6,000 miles from
home a hiatus. However, I thought his site was worth a mention for the sheer
number of transitions and effects that he has provided the community. If you
can't find a behavior elsewhere, it might be because Kevin's already built it.